Inigo’s lab is warm, open, and airy with a high ceiling and several south facing windows. The exterior is a small but attractive house made of grey stone, which stands in the middle of the vineyards. The lab itself opens onto a small garden at the back, which is tidy and well-cared for, and the view of the vineyards from the windows or back garden is striking yet serene. Kesara and her nurse, Laine, come and go freely within the lab, although they stay out of the areas where Inigo works regularly. Laine will often clean parts of the lab when Inigo isn’t looking – he indulges her because he dislikes clutter more than he dislikes the intrusion.
His work area is clean but clearly well lived in, with tools and glassware organized in neat rows and drawers. His workbench has several small mirrors and prisms that playfully redirect and split the light streaming in the windows. There are two bronze plaques on the walls, diametrically opposite, both written in Latin. One reads “Strive always to be Courageous and Loyal, and to Temper your justice with Wisdom.” The other reads, simply, “Bring truth, bring light”. On a table near the center of the room, there is a brazier with a fire that burns without heat, which Inigo tends as part of his longevity ritual. Sitting conspicuously in a vase off to the side is a delicate pink rose.
General Quality +1, Refinement +0, Upkeep +1, Safety +2, Health +1, Aesthetics +5.
+1 Texts, +1 Items, +1 Creo, +1 Rego, +1 Corpus, +1 Ignem.
+1 Vis Extraction, +1 Imaginem, +1 Mentem.
Virtues and Flaws
- Dedicated Building (+1 Upkeep, +1 Aesthetics, +1 Rego)
- Idyllic Surroundings (+1 Creo)
- Superior Construction (+1 Safety, +1 Aesthetics)
- Magically superior heating (+1 Aesthetics +1 Health +1 Ignem)
- Magically superior lighting (+1 Aesthetics +1 Texts +1 Imaginem)
- Superior Equipment (+1 General Quality, +1 Safety, +1 Vis Extraction)
- Superior Tools (+1 Safety, +1 Items)
- Person (-1 Safety, +1 Corpus)
- Servant (has Intelligence +1). (+1 Safety, +1 Aesthetics, +1 Mentem)