Table of Contents
Crafted by Vulcanus of Flambeau, this is a suit of chain made the finest toledo steel, with reinforced plates of brass impossibly textured with cold iron; tiny rubies and opals form elaborate runes in the breastplate. This armor is currently in the possession of Vibria.
Excellent +1, and an item of quality, for a total soak of 18. Vis: 3/24
- Wings of the Dragon (3x/day): (spell base 5, Touch, Concentration; item maintains concentration). There is a springloaded catch to a copper plate in the upper back that, when pressed, pops out to expose a spot between the wearer's shoulder blades. When the wearer says "Fugio" this enacts a MuCo(An) effect causing the wearer to grow large leathery red dragon wings, which the wearer can use to fly wherever he or she wishes. The item maintains concentration on the effect until the wearer says "Ambulo." (3 pawns)
Iberian Runes engraved into the armor give a bonus of +6 to dragon-related effects, and the armor itself offers the following Shape & Material bonuses:
- +2 to passion and sex magic, images, imagination, invisibility
- +3 Ignem, music, bonds, bloodshed, courage, battle-wounds, blood
- +4 angels and demons, memory, travel, deftness, effects that change one's own shape, leadership in war
- +6 to fire-related effects, eyes
- +7 harm or repel faeries, protect wearer
Crafted by Vulcanus of Flambeau, this is a superb quality longsword of Toledo steel, with ornamental bronze filigree along the guard and a large ruby pommel-stone. Item of quality, open for enchantment, Excellent +2. Vis: 7/18
Init +2, Attack +7, Defense +2, Damage +6 (or +10 against humans and animals). Requires Strength 0 to wield; 1 load.
- Demon's Eternal Oblivion PeVi5, 24x/day, Range Voice, 36 penetration. Side effect: Smoted (smitten?) demons appear to be struck by a bolt of lightning. (3 pawns)
- Unravelling the Fabric of Terram, PeVi10 (base 5, range touch), unlimited uses/day, 30 penetration. Whenever the blade touches anything, it dispels any Terram effect of less than level 25 + stress die (no botch). Side effect: Vulcanus' sigil is strongly exaggerated; whenever the sword's blade touches an active Terram effect, the sword CLANGs into the target loudly, and the target billows out a huge cloud of steam. (4 pawns)
Iberian runes engraved along the blade's spine give the following bonuses to enchant the sword: +3 Perdo, +3 Vim. The sword itself offers the following Shape and Material bonuses:
- +2 courage
- +3 block single attack, battle wounds, bonus to affect blood, Terram
- +4 harm human and animal bodies
- +5 darkness
- +6 fire-related effect
Wand of the Fearsome Ballista
These are in fact 3 lesser enchanted items, 3 golden rings, created by Arachne over the course of Autumn 1231 to Spring 1232.
These were later inserted over a wooden wand.
They allow a single person to command a ballista, making it fly, reload instantly and fire on command. Bolts can be either mundane, special bolts crafted by Arachné, like DEO bolts.
1) Ring of Bow Command
Effect: "Fire at Will"
ReHe base 3, +2 voice, mom, +1 flexibility = 10 + 10 unlimited uses = lvl 20
This effect has the hook release, seize and pull the ballista's bow.
2) Ring of Bolt Reload
Effect: "Lock and Load"
ReHe base 3, +2 voice, mom, +1 complexity = 10 + 10 unlimited uses = lvl 20
This effect takes a ballista bolt and position it perfectly so that it can be fired.
3) Ring of the Winged Ballista
Effect: The Hovering Ballista
ReHe base 3, +2 Voice, +1 size, +1 Concentration = 15 + 05 items maintains concentration, + 05 for 24 uses per day = lvl 25.
This effect makes a huge piece of wood, such as a ballista, fly slowly, and move at the caster's command
The Lightning Rod
Created by Carmen of Flambeau in 1232 after discharging the prototype, this charged item has a Fast Trigger to cast Lightning Bolts (as Incantation of Lightning) at Sight Range with a Penetration of +52.
Its use is Restricted to members and affiliates (grogs) of the Covenant of Andorra.
Effect: Lightning Bolt
CrAu base 05, +3 Sight, +4 unnatural = 40 +5 Fast Trigger, +3 Restricted Use, +26 for Penetration 52 = lvl 74
Currently, the Covenant has 3 such rods, each holding 05 charges.
The Poor Sahir's Flying Carpet
Created by the Spider in Summer 1230, this is a woolen carpet, which flies as fast as a horse can run (Based on tC&tC).
ReAn base 1 ("Manipulate items made from animal products"), + 2 very unnatural motion, + 1 carry person on the carpet, + 1 speed, +1 Conc = lvl 10, +5 item maintains concentration = lvl 15
The covenant owns one, holding 4 charges.
Crafted by the Spider in a few days in Summer 1233, these daggers, once thrown, fly towards their target with a force unparalleled by man, doing +10 damage.
Actually, the daggers are entirely mundane: A piece of woven red cloak is bound to their hilt, and casts the spell on them when their wielder throws them while saying "Strike True!"
- ReTe base 5, +1 Touch, +2 Metal = lvl 20.
Currently, the covenant has 3 such "daggers", each holding 04 charges.
These are all the items that weren't investigated by the magi, or whose powers are unknown.
The Phoenix Sword of Andorra
Created by Valdarius of Flambeau, the Phoenix Sword of Andorra dates back to the Schism War, and is meant to symbolize a rebirth of the Order. It is chock full of enchantments, some understood and others still a mystery.
Dimir Taar noted that its known magical powers include being ignited as a fiery blade, conjuring bolts of fire, being able to transfer vis into itself for later use or to empower a ritual healing power within the sword. Antonio used it to slay Khyron once, and used it to siphon and store the residual vis. Later, due to a magical mishap, vis stored within the sword reconstituted the might and material form of Khyron, who absconded with the sword. Rodrigo and Antonio later recovered the sword from Khyron in the Arc of Fire, and Rodrigo weilded it for a number of years thereafter. The old Mercere has escaped Final Twilight by transforming himself into a djinn, with the sword as his locus. His Might is somewhere between six and eight magnitudes, though it has not yet been confirmed that he is of the Magic realm.
The scabbard is also an enchanted item, though it is not yet known what it does.
Mordenkainen's Faithful Desk
It walks, and alters its size and configuration (desk, table, night stand, podium, easel). The strange name was given it by Vulcanus.
The Brass Bottle
Encased in transparent steel, the bottle imprisons Khyron al-'Afrit, captured by Rodrigo in the Arc of Fire using a bottle obtained from Sicilio of Verditius. The bottle is not an authentic Suliman device, but does use powerful non-Hermetic magic. It is unknown what effect it has upon Khyron other than to keep him from bothering Andorra ever since his imprisonment.
The Emergency Stash
The vault contains a chest with an emergency horde of vis: eighty Ignem and twenty Vim, each seperately imbued in a gold coin. In addition to the 100 vis coins, there are 900 coins of mundane gold.